Friday, February 19, 2010

More fabric


Isn't buying fabric addictive? One piece just isn't enough and you try to tell yourself "I'm going to be good and not buy anymore"..............yeah right!!! I bought these fat 1/4s at my local Newsagent. They have a lovely little corner with all sorts of quilting bits and bobs and every time I go in there the fabric calls me over. Good thing I live 125km away from the Newsagent. I'm planning to do a Stack n Slash with them and thought I would add lace here and there. I have never made one before but can't wait to get started. Just have to finish what I am doing at the moment. Don't want a UFO flying around :)



When I went to Hetty's Patch with my sister I just happened to pick up this fabric. I could have picked up more.........lots more.........but was trying to be good. Now I am home I wish I had been bad, very bad!! The 2 top pieces I just had to have and the 2 bottom pieces have already been cut to make the sashing and borders for my Friendship quilt from my quilting group. Once it is all finished I will post a pic to show you all.


Patchwork Hugs,
Debs

7 comments:

Margarita said...

I wished my newsagent sold stuff like this.

Karen's Korner said...

Nice haul there Deb. Never mind more to get next time - something to look forward to.

Unknown said...

How lovely Deb , I'd have to stop reading the newspaper though , lol !

Vicki ♥ said...

I have never heard of a newsagent selling fabric :) It would be my first stop shopping. I like your choices of fabric too Debs and look forward to seeing what you make with it all.

miss~nance said...

Lovely fabric - I can't believe you bought those from a newsagent.

Blessings

Gail

Debs said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. The wife of the Newsagent lives at Roxby Downs and has a Quilting shop up there. The husband is in Burra and she puts some of her stuff in there. Wonderful for us Burra Quilters!!

Jude said...

Hi Deb finally got your blog name from Lucky and have come to have a look. You have been a very busy quilter indeed, and the fabrics from the newsagent,very nice.Doint forget the Tuesday sewing group want to come for a weekend retreat when things are not so hectic on the property. cheers Judy