Monday, May 3, 2010

At Last I Can Show

At last I can show you all the little bag I made for my beautiful niece, Amy. She is the daughter of my sister and I felt very special to have been asked, by Amy, to make this for her to use on her wedding day.




I hand sewed 262 beads around the top and it was made out of satin which matched Amy's dress perfectly. If you would like to have a look at my beautiful niece you can do so by going to my sisters blog at http://stitchselection.blogspot.com/ Also there is another beautiful girl there I would like to show you. She is my daughter, Josephine, and she is the bridesmaid in green. Amy and Josephine are very close and I love them both dearly.
Patchwork Hugs,
Debs




10 comments:

Shirlwin said...

Debs, that bag is absolutely gorgeous! A work of love.
Little pieces are falling into place, as I had already looked at your sister's blog, but hadn't known of the connection. It takes a while to 'sort' folks out :)

Lucky-1 said...

Hey Deb...... love you heaps.... can't type much as I'll start crying again...lol

What a special gift you gave Amy:D

Debs said...

Thank you Shirlwin for your comments about the bag. Yes Lucky is my sister and I think I am lucky to have her:)

Love you too Leanne. xxx Yes it is a special gift and I am so pleased with how it came up and how it looked on the day.

Liz said...

your daughter is lovely .The color is gorgeous she is wearing. you did a superb job on the bag.

Vicki ♥ said...

It is absolutely gorgeous and you are a special aunt thats for sure :)

Unknown said...

So beautiful for a beautiful girl !

Jude said...

debs the bag is awesome and i have seen the wedding photos today and you and your daughter look lovely. The bride aint bad either and I couldnt believe that photo was leanne as she looked so different.
Can we all still come for a visit later in the year.

Debs said...

Hi Jude. Thank you for the lovely comments. You let me know when you want to come and we will be here. I will look forward to it.

Also thank you to everyone else who commented. I'm still on a high from making the bag :)

Karen's Korner said...

What an exquisite bag.

Gloria said...

Deb that is a very special bag. I'm sure she will cherish it ...